Family holidays – Barceló Punta Umbria
Last summer vacations we spend a week at the Hotel Barceló Punta Umbria Beach Resort.
– “Where are we going this year?” The kids ask. There are many ideas, one of the dreams was to take them on a train trip through Europe. I could visit some friends in the south of France, and I get to know better Provence. Another solution was to return to Tenerife, because it is an island that I love and where I have great memories. Costa Brava is always in my heart, I close my eyes and I am there. And, there’s so much left to see …
But weighing the pros and cons, the costs, the convenience, the absence of stress / work and extras, we decided to go back to the hotel where we were last year – the Barceló Punta Umbria Beach Resort Hotel.
Why? What’s so special about Barceló Punta Umbria Beach Resort?
I think you can only understand the experience, after spending a week there. If at first glance it may seem like a huge resort, (it’s the largest hotel with Congress Center in Europe) it has everything we need for a family holiday with no worries or stress. That kind of vacation that allows us to read a book, have fun, eat well, take naps in the afternoon and go for beautiful walks along the beach.
Here are some highlights of this hotel:
- The food is excellent. I did not think it was possible to put together such quality and service in an all-inclusive resort. It was really surprising. Buffet stands with great presentation and lots of variety. Every day we changed restaurant – there are 4 in total: the food in the world (Compass) had a bit of everything, Indian, Turkish, Chinese etc. The Italian food restaurant (El Calé) had great pizzas and pasta and the American food restaurant Tex-Mex (Cormoranes) had tacos, hamburgers, hot dogs and the like. The Andalusian food restaurant (El Estero) simulated a Spanish market, where the enormous prawns and the typical paella were in plain sight. There is also a restaurant à la Carte (Camarina) but I did not get to go. At breakfast we highlight the natural orange juice and the typical churros. You can also choose half-board (you can choose to have lunch or dinner). And yes, in view of this delicious scenario, I strongly recommend the all inclusive scheme (bracelet).
- The entertainment program for the kids surpassed all expectations. From shows alluding to Disney movies, mini-disco, magic shows in the garden, treasure hunt, teenagers’ social lounge, water park, inflatables in the pool … the animation team does not stop for adults or for adults. children! The nights ended with everyone dancing in the amphitheater.
- The SPA of the Hotel Barceló Punta Umbria Beach Resort is spectacular – they are 2500 m2 of relax! It has a huge pool with several massage jets, jazuzzis and a hydrotherapy circuit. There is a specific time for the children (according to their ages) and another schedule for adults only (I found it great). Unlike some SPA’s I’ve visited, this is allowed children to enter, as long as accompanied by adults – needless to say we loved it. As for the massages the service is personalized and very professional. I did an incredible full-body massage, “Lomi Lomi” and how well I knew.
- The gym is TOP. Cycling equipment, paddle tennis or tennis courts, teachers, cross-fit circuit … I loved outdoor bodybalance classes in the morning – what a great way to start the day. And yes, bodybalance and zumba classes are free for guests. For those who like jogging / jogging, cycling there is a huge avenue by the sea.
- When opening the balcony of the room, the view is amazing. The beach is huge (just to have an idea, it is bigger than Porto Santo). It is a very sunny area (3200 hours per year), which heats us without delay. The green of the trees, the blue of the sky and the sea always accompany us and the birds are heard in the trees.
⇒ See the bedroom view in the instastories
How are the rooms in Barceló Punta Umbria Beach Resort Hotel?
The rooms have immense light with a very modern decor and luxurious details. The beds and pillows are comfortable, all white as I like. There is minibar in the room, flat screen TV and good wardrobe. The bathroom is spacious and modern.
⇒ See the Hotel Photos
What to do around Barceló Punta Umbria Beach Resort?
Punta Umbria is a charming fishing village with some picturesque houses, from the time of the miners, especially by the river. There are beautiful walks on foot or by boat. It was here that I had the best homemade ice cream I have ever tasted, at the level of the best in Rome! Suggestion: the ice cream thousand leaves. Seville is only 1 hour away, and it is a city with lots to see.
How is the beach next to the Hotel Barceló Punta Umbria Beach Resort? And the pools?
It has a giant pool area for adults and children (4000 m2 of area) and many green areas around. Also, it is on the first line of the beach, just across the road. The beach is yellow sand and the water is not too cold. It has one of the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen. I did not explore the beach much, but there is a chance to do SUP, kayaks or sailing. There are also lots of bars with music in the evening and they say it has a good atmosphere. The pools are really huge and there are lots of poolside bars with cocktails, snacks, ice cream and fresh fruit already cut into sticks and served in small glasses.
How to get to the Hotel Barceló Punta Umbria Beach Resort?
The locality is called “Paraje de los Enebrales” a natural park of Punta Umbria, with protected species, like chameleons. It is 15 km from Huelva and 45 km from Seville (1 hour by car on the A 49). To facilitate logistics, we chose to rent a car in Lisbon (we came by the A 22), but we could also have gone by plane to Faro and rent a car in the Algarve. There is a cheap car park nearby, 1 week was priced at € 7.
Why is the Hotel Barceló Punta Umbria Beach Resort a good option?
Because parents also need vacations and the hotel takes care of everything for us … with great taste, friendliness, professionalism and quality. All done thinking about children, or in other words:
Happy children – Relaxed Parents.
So that’s the suggestion !! Maybe we’ll meet there 🙂
Online Booking ⇒ Barceló Punta Umbria Beach Resort.